You’ve put the cover on the pool, raked up the leaves, swapped summer t-shirts for winter sweaters, but have you prepared your winter car kit? Once you’ve prepared your car for winter, including installation of four winter tires, it’s important that you prepare a winter car kit in case of emergency. Winter weather is no joke and can change in an instant! We want you to be prepared so take a look at our check list to help you get a hand up on Mother Nature.
Winter Car Kit
- Snow brush/ice scraper
- Jumper cables
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Small shovel
- Road salt, sand or cat litter
- Multi-purpose knife
- Basic tools for repairs
- Tow chain/rope
- First Aid kit
- Spare tire (make sure to check the tire pressure each month)
- Emergency signaling items – road flares, warning triangles, whistle, etc.
- Extra cell phone charger
- Emergency phone numbers on a laminated card (in case your cell phone dies and you don’t have access to a phone book)
- Extra hat, socks, mittens
- Fleece blanket
- Hand and foot warmers
- Fire starter
- High-energy snacks – energy bars, nuts, jerky, nut butters, crackers, trail mix
Look for a plastic container to store your winter car kit items. You can find them at your local discount store (and usually on sale).
Lastly, if you are a winter sports enthusiast traveling in the mountains or are planning a long drive across country to Grandma’s house for the holidays, consider carrying snow chains. They may be required in certain areas to drive on the road or over a mountain pass.
For more information contact Advance Treads at 856-696-5004